Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT) provides a unified collection of tools, processes, and guidance for automating desktop and server deployments. In addition to reducing deployment time and standardizing desktop and server images, MDT offers improved security and ongoing configuration management.
News and highlights
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013 Update 1 Preview now available
MDT 2013 Update 1 Preview is now available and includes support for the Windows 10 Insider Preview (LTI only) and the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (ADK) for Windows 10 Insider Preview. Find out what’s new and how to download the preview.
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2013
MDT 2013 is the newest version of the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit and offers:
- Support for the Windows ADK for Windows 8.1
- Support for the deployment of Windows 8.1 and Windows Server 2012 R2, as well as Windows 7 and Windows 8
Support for zero-touch installation (ZTI) with System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager
Microsoft Deployment Toolkit 2012 resources
- What’s New in MDT 2012 Update 1 (download)
- MDT 2012 Update 1 Release Notes (download)
- MDT 2012 Update 1 Documentation (download)